Friday, August 26, 2011

Yankee Candle

 Today  I went to ACE Hardware Grand Indonesia, and while the others are on the toy section, i went ahead myself to the candle section. I've been seeing the Yankee Candle for almost a year now, and decided to buy it. I love all the fragrant (honestly, they all smell soo good!), these are my top fave:
-  Midnight Jasmine
- Fluffy Towels
- Vanilla Cupcake
French Vanilla
- Fresh Cut Roses
Wedding Day

after so much struggling, i cut them down until 3 left: Vanilla Cupcake, Fresh Cut Roses, and Wedding Day.
 I love the Vanilla cupcake (if you don't know, i like every scent which smell like cookies/flowery/sweet). It smells like a caramel. But when i smell it, i think the caramel smell is too sweet, so i decided between the FCR and Wedding. I want to buy the FCR at first, because it smells like roses (not too much, but very fresh and flowery) and it's pink, which is good because it matches my room (which was decorated with soft pink and cream furniture)

Fresh Cut Roses

But when i think about it again, i already have the English Rose fragrant oil from lovely lace which smell like this one, so in the end i bought the Wedding Day.

  Wedding Day (Large Jar)

"Always in good taste . . . a sophisticated and soothing blend of florals and subtle fruits."



when i started to burn it,the smell doesn't come at once, so i left in and go to bath. after i finished bath and go back to my room (about 30mins later), my room is filled with the soft, floral smell. I love love love it!

One thing that i disappointed (a little) about , the smell isn't as strong as fragrant oil. with fragrant oil, you can still smell it after spend so much time near the burned oil, but this one, the fragrant is less strong than when you smell it before burning it. I bet if i were to choose the Fresh Cut Roses, the smell isn't going to be as strong as my English Rose fragrant oil (altough this one's smell subtle, but when you burned it the smell doesn't fade and it stayed the same subtle, long lasting smell, unlike when i burned the candle)

If i were told to buy it again, i might be choosing the Vanilla Cupcake, because the caramel scent is a bit strong and if it was burned the smell will be less strong, which might be the right smell for nose, sweet enough, but doesn't make you feel like it's too much for your nose.

From the smell point, i obviously prefer the fragrant oil from lovely lace. the smell lasts much longer and not too sheer, just right. But the downside is, the Lovely Lace fragrant oil doest give much option for the smell, and i only like some of the smell (the flowery one), because most of the oil is spice aroma and i dont like it. Besides, after you finished burn the oil, you must wash the burner which is so large (all the burners from lovely lace are big sizes)

My Oil Burner 

 for some reference, the fragrant oils that i like from Lovely Lace are:
- Teddy's Dream (lovely lace's best seller, and it is the fragrant that they burned inside the shop which you smell everytime you went into the shop)
- English Rose
- Nana's Garden 
- Potpourri 

From the practical point, i obviously prefer the candles. they come in so many smell range, and if you want to stop burning it you can just close them with their cap. The downside is they dont smell as strong as the fragrant oil

In the end, whichever you want to choose they have the upside and downside point. so you can use both of them and use it sparingly (use the candle one day, and fragrant oil the other day).

I really love using fragrant oil and candles, as they're making my room filled with good smell. actually my room doesn't have any window, so my fragrant oil and candle are my livesafer. otherwise, it would be smell terrible! (but i have AC, though)

p.s. : if you wanted to buy the candle, make sure you buy the Yankee Candle one. other brands are good only when you smell it, but when you burn it, the smell doesnt come out (it looks like you just buy some unscented candles really!) 

sneakpeek: 


 My room when i turn the lights off:

love my scenery with burned candles. it matches my room as i decor them with a girly victorian image *most of my things are from lovely lace (beside the tissuebox which i forget where i bought it. i think in some craft shop or something) so you can guess how it looks like* :D

No comments:

Post a Comment